Thursday, September 18, 2008

PORTLAND!

I'm in Portland. But not with my beautiful A. We just arrived and Father deemed it far too late to college it up. So here I am at cousin Peter's house. I am forking tired. It's four am Eastern time. WHICH ISN'T MY TIME ZONE ANYMORE. I was actually reeling from tired in the airport. Actually I'm still reeling now. My body is swaying. My eyes are drifting out of focus. I am going to sleep well tonight.

Father entertained me on the airplane by telling me about his high school girlfriend. Apparently they only went on two dates and made out once (his words not mine) before a rough breakup, but their first date was one of the cleverest things I've ever heard. They went engagement ring shopping. They went to all sorts of jewelry stores in New York City pretending they were getting engaged and shopping for rings, and the girl got to try on the rings and all the sales people were trying to make sales and thus were super nice and attentive and all oooh, your true deep love is a beautiful thing.
I think that is a darn clever first high school date activity.

Dear lord am I ever tired. GOODNIGHT SWEETHEARTS, GOODNIGHT.

No comments: