Friday, September 26, 2008

Foresting

It's currently six here, meaning it's nine back in the good old Eastern time zone. I'm sure you guys have already started your wild weekend ways while I'm resting up in my internetless dorm. Which hasn't had internet for the past like two hours. Not that I've been in here for all that time. But I've checked in on it to no avail.

After breakfast Ta and Ad wanted us to laundry party with them, but we opted for rock climbing in the gym instead. Except they didn't have any harnesses or ropes or anything so it was difficult. But fun.

And then after that was explore the forest day. And mans is that forest ever pretty. The trees are HUGE and mossy and there are ferns everywhere and big old stumps and it's GREAT. Ra, Li, Za, and I split off from the rest of the group to try to find a treehouse and find one we did! It's surrounded by swamp and there are all these little gnomes, and Za and Li and I climbed up into it and I really enjoyed it. There was writing all over it and the entire place smelled of jeeks. Then while we were up there Co and Ma and some other guy I hadn't met and some hippie girls came over and climbed up and told us about tree sit ins. After that we went to go find the beach and the rest of our folks who had gone straight there instead of by way of treehouse. We ended up having to crawl along the water over logs and under trees since the tide was really high. It was gorgeous. We finally reached Ra and Ja and Da and Il who were sitting on logs and dipping their feet in the water, and then we met these five boys on acid who we chatted with for a while, and it was all very tranquil and pleasant. Za brought his bathing suit and went in the water, which of course made me horribly tempted. But I resisted the temptation due to the cold and the whole modesty factor. We had to leave earlier than we wanted to cause the tide was trapping us. I love LOVE love love love that forest. I'll take pictures of it for you guys sometime. It was a glorious afternoon.

No comments: