Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I love this corner

OH MY GOD.
I LOVE. COLLEGE.

I think today was the longest day of my life. Today was like six or seven different days at once. I keep on remembering stuff and think whoa, that was TODAY? That was this morning? Weirds.

I think orientation around here is structured differently, basically in that it isn't structured. There's like one or two required workshops or things each day, and then just a lot of free time to wander about and meet people and hang out.

We started the day (well, it was 12:30, but WHATEVER) with an academic planning workshop thingy that went till 2:30. Which was academic and stuff. But it made me think I want to go for a Bachelor of Science degree. So...sweet.

After that I went into Olympia with eight other girls and got really good hummus at this cute little food getting place. There is so much art and murals and artsy stuff in Olympia. I enjoy it. One of the girls was Ce, who M's friend from Pitt said I should be friends with. And whom I am now friends with. One of the girls (Kae) has an armadillo purse.

We got home at 6:30 just in time for our required drug and alcohol shebang. The kind where someone teaches you about responsibility. Not the more fun kind. But it was better than everyone expected. The guy made jokes that were actually funny, not the like oh...the drug presenter is trying to be funny sort of jokes.

And after THAT I went on an excursion into the woods that I was originally planning with the eight girls from earlier, but then I told more people about it and they told more people about it and it turned into a very large sort of expedition. I don't even know how many people it ended up being. But there I was, in the night, walking through the bigfoot infested forests, with only some guys with cell phones to guide me.

But we made it to the beach, where there is BIOLUMINESCENT ALGAE in the water. I first noticed that my footprints were glowing and thought I was losing my mind. But I wasn't, this guy Za and I had utterly too much fun swishing the water around and watching the glow. Kae brought lychee gummies and marzipan and cookies and I met some really great people.

After our hike out, which we took with people who didn't really know where they were going, I hosted a tea party in my dorm. And it was the best tea party EVER. People wandered in and out throughout it, but the people who were there most were these six girls and eight guys, and we had SO MUCH FUN. We laughed for hours. I laughed so hard my cheeks still hurt. This one guy Wa was cheesed out of his mind in the corner, playing with my dinosaur that roars if you squeeze its leg and telling everyone how much he loved the corner. And then he used the dinosaurs arms to pick up another guy Ad's shoelaces and said "LOOK! HE'S DOING IT WITH HIS LITTLE DINO ARMS!" And...it was great. This one guy (who I never understood when he was saying his name) had one of those contagious laughs, and whenever he laughed Je would laugh hysterically from his seat on my beanbag (he shared it with chocolate moose. he found chocolate moose very snuggly), and then suitemate Ka would go into fits of giggles and I'd be laughing at Je laughing, and Ta (the boy from Farmington) would start laughing, and we did that for hours. I don't think I can fully explain how great it was. But I LOVE college. I wrote lobe first and it made me think of K's brainlobe. But I disgress. I find that LeVar is quite a conversation piece. I told them that I named him after the guy from Reading Rainbow, and then the guy with the great laugh laughed for days, and then this girl Ti from Alaska said "BUT LEVAR IS BLACK!" and maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny.

IN SUMMARY
I love my life.

Then after some guy from the second floor knocked and invited me to play apples to apples downstairs. So I did. And now I'm here and it's 2:00 am. 5:00 am for you folks back home. WEIRD.

Reckon I should go to sleep, eh?

1 comment:

Kawaii Baba said...

i like that you reaaaally like college!!