Friday, October 24, 2008

Ink Ball

TODAY I had class. And then after class I went to Safeway with Mel and got food for my dorm room because I have a minifridge now and can put food in it. This is very new and exciting, as I've only had instant oatmeal for breakfast for five weeks or so now. But now! I have instant cream of wheat! ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM?!?!

I also have cheerios and honey bunches of oats. And milk! To pour on top! And cheese and crackers! And yogurt! And pepper jack cheese! THE NEW ERA OF FOOD, IT IS UPON US.

Speaking of food: yesterday we had baked potato bar and I thought of A.

Then after safeway Mel and I ate grapes and chips on the field and soaked in the warm sunshine. Whoever said Warshington (I LOVE people who call it Warshington) is nothing but a soggy foggy rainland lied. I feel as if I shall soon eat those words. But for now, let us revel in my ignorance. Har came by and joined our picnic for a bit with his bike.

Anddd thennnn I went up to Sa's room (because that's where I pretty much live these days, Sa and Be and I have become something of a trio) with Jai, but she soon left. I love Sa's room. DID YOU KNOW SA USED TO PLAY LODE RUNNER? In like 1995? When I played Lode Runner all the time and loved it? And not only did he used to play lode runner but he HAS IT WITH HIM IN COLLEGE, and we intend to beat all the multiplayer levels.

I love Sa's room because I can just wander in to it with The Voyages of Dr. Dolittle and read it in the nook and then fall asleep on the floor for a bit while Sa does his homework at the computer and Be reads on Sa's bed. It's all very comfortable.

I love that I've found people who like to have fun the way I do. Like today Be started playing ink ball not knowing what it was (and he'll continue playing it forever just because) (and of course I told him about A and ink ball) and then we started playing zen ink ball where we just let it go and eventually it finds its way into the holes...OK IT WAS REALLY FUNNY IN REAL LIFE, MAYBE IT JUST DOESN'T TRANSLATE IN STORY FORM. And Bej thought that every time you drew with ink you lost points, but that was just the seconds going down, and then he was all Be everytime I say anything you just look at [whoa, I just realized I have no code word for when other people say my name in this blog. so um my name goes here, CAUSE THIS BLOG IS SO TOP SECRET. I don't know why I bother with this half-hearted anonymous thing] and you guys laugh. Which is funny cause it's true. But you should hear the thing Bej says.

And we had a who's line is it anyway marathon which was great. Je and Mel and Meg came too and hung out with us for a while.

I'm really settling. The problem is though is as I settle into this group I end up not hanging out with the people I'd hang out with before. While I was searching for people I bounced around to many groups, and now they're all like WAIT WE DON'T SEE YOU EVER COME BACK and it's kind of awkward cause I like them too and all.

GOSH, I JUST HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS. TOUGH LIFE!

Kidding. It really isn't like that. But like, it's still difficult.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

umm no i know exactly what you mean...

like, i ADORE these group of girls but they live in another dorm but we try to make an effort to hang out as much as possible- we like, made plans to live together next year and stuff (yay)

but then i end up hanging out with these kids from around my dorm just cos it's convenient/i love them to bits and pieces but they're all: "i can't wait for us to live togther next year!!' and i'm liek: "ooh awkward..'


i'd also like to point out that the word verification is: "brophist"

^_^