Monday, October 6, 2008

COLLEGE IS WEIRD

Mansss today has been a WEIRD day.

That little sore throat I've been so ardently ignoring in hopes that utter denial will make it go away? It's SO strep throat. I got the tonsil pus to prove it! DO YOU WANT ME NOW MORE THAN EVER OR WHAT. I guess I'll go to the health center tomorrow and get some antibiotics or something. At least I know the signs and symptoms of strep, girl didn't have it at least once a year her entire childhood for nothing. I'm embarrassed though, I don't want to be that girl who gave her entire dorm strep throat. Since I've like hung out with the entire dorm since I first started feeling under the weather. But I'll go in to that more later. God. I don't want to have strep. I'm going to get really lonely really fast. DSkfjgkldjkfd. And then nobody will like me since they'll all get infected and it will be my fault. Even though its Ha's fault for getting me sick. And Ra and Ka and Al were all feeling sick, so I guess I'm just living in the strep suite now.

God I'm verbose tonight. I think it's because I'm in such a weird mood. Je had some sort of weird convulsion seizure thing tonight. He's still at the hospital now and we don't know what's wrong with him, but a girl who went with him reports that he's doing okay. It was so scary though, seeing him on the floor perfectly able to talk but his entire body twitching, first just his legs and then watching the huge twitches spread up to his chest and arms too. So. Scary. The police and like six firemen came and took him away in an ambulance. I ended up just sitting in Bej's room on his bed reading while he played guitar. Bej and I had a good talk with Em too (who wasn't there to see it but Je was in her room when it happened) about missing home and how weird college is and how it's weird how we're friends with just who we happen to be put in a dorm with. I hope he's okay. But he is. The report says he's okay. It's weird that just earlier today I was hanging out with him in his room, talking about slanty ceilings and hobo spiders while the rest of the dorm was off working or something, and he seemed fine, and then there he was on the floor...

Weird.

I hung out again with my little group of great people who I think like me (or at least liked me before I became the strep monster). We had fun. We had SO MUCH FUN. We (Bej, Be, Ja, and I) were just trying to go to Safeway to get Be some water (or wuder as he says, causing Ja and I to repeat it for the thrill of pronunciation), but Ja read the bus schedule wrong and we ended up at the mall instead, where we got dinner and explored best buy before waiting an hour in the rain for a bus that didn't come. Mans, no wonder why my throat is so bad, that combined with my cheesy walkings about in Olympia without a raincoat in the pouring rain Friday night. On the bus Ja and I gave Be hand massages, and he was going into his puppy rapture state and we were laughing hysterically, and he was laughing while in massage mode, and I can only imagine what that must have looked like to the casual observer. And then we had to wait for another bus again, and we huddled for warmth like penguins (or parrots) and Be and Ja were very impressed with my furnace. Be says that I will make some Finnish reindeer herding man very happy someday.

It's weird, I've been like hanging out with four different friend groups, and now that I'm clicking so well with this one I feel weird about not being with the others so much, COLLEGE IS WEIRD.

Ooh also I baked cookies with Ja and met her roommates over in apartment-style living. Which was fun and delicious and satisfied my baking urges. Everyone liked them. I hope they weren't strep-laden. CAN I JUST NOT TELL ANYONE, TAKE MY ANTIBIOTICS IN SECRET?

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE* DOES MY THROAT EVER HURT.

*my tonsils in their current state


I really really like my Be Ja Bej Je group. They like doing the kinds of things I like doing, like naming words that start with C and huddling for warmth and making dinosaur noises and singing songs from guys and dolls (Be started singing luck be a lady yesterday ON HIS OWN ACCORD, I kind of died) having telepathic conversations with cheese and crossing normal human boundaries and trudging through the desert with nothing on but their skins. Be and Bej invited me to live in an apartment next year. DOES THAT MEAN THEY ENJOY MY COMPANY? PERHAPS! I hope Je is back from the hospital all safe and sound when I wake up (to go to class at nine asldfj) tomorrow.

No comments: