Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Heron and Rosanna II

There are stars on my ceiling. I like them.

One of my favorite poems ever was written by Katie M. in elementary school and published in that elementary school literary magazine that came out once a year. I'm just remembering it off the top of my head so I might get it a bit wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what it was:

Frustrated
by Katie M

Frustrated is like a baby bird
Trying to fly
And not to die
But she doesn't die
She does fly!
But I am still frustrated.


Isn't that great?

15%
by Richard Brautigan

She tries to get things out of men
that she can't get because she's not
15% prettier.

There is darkness on your lantern
by Richard Brautigan

There is darkness on your lantern
and pumpkins in your wind.
and Oh, they clutter up your mind
with their senseless bumping
while your heart is like a sea gull
frozen into a long distance telephone
call.

I'd like to take the darkness
off your lantern and change the pumpkins
into sky fields of ordered comets
and disconnect the refrigerator telephone
that frightens your heart into standing
still.

Color as beginning
by Richard Brautigan

Forget love
I want to die
in your yellow
hair.

The other day we went on a field trip to water and a beach. The beaches here are made out of little gray stones like the beaches in alaska and all the mud is gray. Must be a west coast glacier thing. I saw some great blue herons and some seals and a pair of Canada geese flying together. Canada geese mate for life.

Every time I think of great blue herons I think of the Magic School Bus Hops Home, when Ms. Frizzle says "Ardea herodias! The great blue heron!"

I drew one.


There it is!

I'm so hungry. You don't even know.

This is that night that rolls around once a month or so when I conclude that nobody loves me and I get a little weepy.

Today we finished Avatar season one.

On our way to Ro's mod Be and I saw this cop car SPEEDING down the path that usually no cars go on flashing its lights. But we don't know what was going down. Be and Ro took apart a knife, fixed it, and put it back together.

It was also red white and blue night with Ke's friends from afar.

And then we all sat in the hall for a long time.

No comments: