Thursday, December 25, 2008

Jolly Holiday

I had intensive dreams last night. I got kicked out of a camera store for starting a dance and singalong party to Can't Take My Eyes Off You when it played on the store radio, I tried to go to Israel but first had to dig out the entrance to Israel (because you know they put all those styrofoam blocks in front of it for security reasons) with the guards all standing guard pointing their guns at me, I went into a store to try to cheer up the storeclerk after there was a murder in there but the storeclerk ended up acting crazy and frightening me away, and I encountered a whole assortment of people from my life both past and present.

This has been a very successful winter break so far. Southold is kind of depressing these days, not like the Christmasses of yore, but the gang has retained its classic sense of humor which is keeping Regiftmas* enjoyable. And sustainable!

*All presents this year come from basements, storage closets, etc. That way Christmas doesn't cost (much) money and does not generate (much) waste. And is easier than last year's make all the presents Christmas.

You folks may have white Christmasses back in the good old bay state, but over here on this Island paradise we have green grass and blue seas. I thought perhaps what with the entire country being covered with snow these days we might finally have a white Christmas in Southold. I thought wrong.

No comments: