Friday, November 14, 2008

Kitty wants candy

Frank Gilbreth would not approve of how long it takes me to get ready at night. I retired to my bedroom at 12:07 (early, i know! i have a field trip to the waste treatment plant and the dump at 8:30 tomorrow, and if Dolly Parton doesn't sing to me about the joys of recycling I quit) and it's 1:04 am now and I just got into bed.

I don't think there's much to report about today, besides that I sleep all the time and I love my life.

That's a lie. Not the loving my life part, because I forking do, but the not having much to report part. I think I'm just lazy right now. I mean, not that I have much to report. Maybe I should just report it already instead of dilly dallying about with all this fluff.

SO.

We all went to see a disciple of Gandhi speak today, and she was really cool, but we could only understand what she was saying part of the time, since she was a very old woman with a very thick Indian accent, but when I wasn't able to understand her I was THINKING stuff like nobody has ever thought before.

And then...maybe I didn't have much to report. I just REALLY, really enjoy these people I'm around. And I am amazed at my life and my existence. I guess I say that too much. But it's only because I'm awestruck and I don't know what else to do about it besides shout it from the rooftops of the internet (coo, what a sight). Just hanging out in the common room, with Ad scooting around the floor screaming with swirly blocks in his eye sockets and me scratching Em's back as she and Vi draw with crayons on the floor and Jai gives Be a back massage with all the moaning and Meg also scooting about giggling and Ta pulling Mel around with the string from the hat she's knitting...it's really my life. I didn't make it up. Though sometimes I think I may have.

I feel like it's such a miracle that I'm alive right now. Read this article and see if you don't walk away from it with a bit of wonder pumping through your veins. What if we were right in the middle of a cosmic void? What if that's one more of the millions of variables that happened to come together to create life here, and not just life but US. And now here we are, thanks to so many coincidences coming together and ending up with me. And all of us. From way back to those stromatolites through all of evolution, how is it anything but miraculous?

No comments: