Friday, July 18, 2008

Too hot to hoot


IT'S TOO HOT TODAY, GIRL CANNOT HANDLE SUCH MADNESS.

I swear I just have no capacity for heat. Actually I've gotten a lot better at it than last year, which is good cause I would utterly die running about in the 85 degree sunlight all day at work if I had my temperature (and heat, and warmness and coolness) sensitivity of yore. But today...was excessive. I melted immediately upon coming home, the only thing keeping me from melting at work being the obligation to not do that and the pool (may Jesus smile upon the pool.) But the thing really just is that my house with its lack of air conditioning and haloalkanes is HOT. After trying to cool off in the shower, I found that I don't own any clothes that both hold up to my modesty needs and are cool enough to wear in sweltering heat. A summer dress wouldn't work, cause I'd need to wear a tank top and shorts over it and that is too many layers, but a tank top and shorts on their own wouldn't work since that's too many cubic inches of exposed skin, plus I don't own any shorts besides soffes and those are for pajamas and work ONLY. Why I feel comfortable in them at work I have no idea. Maybe it's because I don't register that yellow-orange shirt as being real clothes. But anyway. I have nothing to wear for this climate. Good thing my house is empty.

No comments: