Saturday, July 19, 2008

This book is to be read in bed

I don't think there are adjectives powerful enough to describe how tired I am. WHATEVER GUYS, 10:12 IS A PERFECTLY REASONABLE TIME TO BE BODY-ACHING TIRED. Luckily I can easily reach the laptop from bed. Well I suppose it's a blessing and a curse. But that's how it is, anyway. Plus I heard there is supposed to be a thunderstorm within the next half hour and I certainly don't want to miss that. I saw where lightning hit today, it caused a heck of a lot of damage and threw a cement frog in the air and killed some plants and cracked some rocks. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. My point is: today was a wondrous day and it's worth staying up to blog about.

I woke up after pulling an all-nighter (FINE WE ENDED UP GOING TO SLEEP AT 2:15, I KNEW THE "WOKE UP" THING WOULD GIVE IT AWAY) with mah gurlz (except K who we missed dreadfully and discussed the glory of...a lot) and immediately had to drive home to walk the dog and give the cat its cat medicine, just a slight hour detour away from the festivities, but the most important part was that I woke up at NINE THIRTY not five thirty, which is nice and late by my recent standards. This is important because I enjoy my friends a lot and the staying up thing contributed directly to my current tired.

Sister came home from camp today as a much more grown up humanoid than she left as. I think she will be a thoroughly quality human when she grows up. She's really just turning out to be very much like A, which can only mean good things. Watching her teach M the dances she learned at camp was one of the best things I've ever witnessed. On both her part and M's part. But I get ahead of myself again. She's growing up. She's past five feet tall, something I once really did not think she would ever achieve. Next summer she's going to be FOURTEEN. The summer after eighth grade. I can remember being that age. I was a person when I was that age. I had emotions and cognitive reasoning. Sister being almost that old? Talk about world-blowing.

Hanging out with A and M and Sister at Crazy Joe's pool today was a brilliant exercise in enjoyable summer pastimes. It left me satisfied beyond reason. As well as tired beyond reason. But in the most content of ways. If you ever want to put some strawberries on angel food cake and ice cream, pour a bit of limeade and sugar over them first. You won't regret it. If you ever want to know how to do a bee dance, just ask me. I know now. Kind of.

No comments: