Monday, July 21, 2008

Supervision

I dragged myself out of my feverish delirium* and went to pick up my glasses, and I found that super vision is indeed how people are supposed to see. And guess what I got to see on my drive home! A pretty imposing hawk perched on top of a crane being pestered by crows! It was great. I enjoy hawks a lot.

I also heard SO MANY good songs on the radio on the way there and back. It's clearly going to be a great day, especially since A heard 99 Red Balloons on the way to work. I heard Sexual Healing, So Happy Together, You're the First, the Last, My Everything, Bohemian Rhapsody, and...man I'm pretty sure there were more, I just can't remember. Maybe they were predicting the mushroom bacon burgers father is making for dinner. Cause if that isn't a really good thing, I don't know what is.

My last wisdom tooth is growing in with a vengeance.

Was anyone else awoken by that thunderstorm last night at about 1:30? I don't think I've ever heard anything louder. Very apocalyptic. I loved it.

The bob-white of the quail that seems to have taken up residence in my backyard is all kinds of comforting. Reminds me of childhood summers in Martha's Vineyard and Southold. AWWWW, HOW SWEET.

*delirium probably due more to watching Gone with the Wind all day, probably less due to subsided fever. All I got out of that film was that Scarlett O'Hara was a fool and her life sucked.

No comments: