Thursday, August 21, 2008

WEBCAMS! THEY'RE GREAT!

My mood improved exponentially upon seeing the wonder and glory of webcam chatting. It's like my friends are with me! In little boxes in my internet! Who needs to go out and socialize in college when I have virtually everything I need. (LOL VIRTUALLY GET IT>S?werk:"rgihjbrk) Except right now I'm using this like two year old cheap webcam that only shows me as a soundless blur. I'll get a better one on Sunday when I return.

Yesterday A and I napped for hours on the beach and it was wildly pleasant. It made me think of that time after visiting Sister New Hampshire when we just lay around all day. I swear just lying around outside with those you adore is one of the best ways to spend a day. Since you're outside listening to whatever may be around and seeing the sights and getting the outside air and sun, it counts as an entertaining activity, and then you really just can't go wrong lying around half-napping. And I don't just say that because I am a notoriously sedentary person. Though that may influence my feelings on the matter a bit. But, anyway, that was a great day.

Click for high resolution A as waternymph!

The water was all kinds of fantastic also. I ended up having to change into my bathing suit on the beach since I hadn't prepared on actually swimming. I should know myself better than that. Good thing A does, cause she's the one who made me bring the swimsuit just in case. But we were on a secluded stretch of beach, and it's Martha's Vineyard, some people don't even bother with the decency thing at all. AND THE WATER WAS UTTERLY MAGNIFICENT! It was like bathtub water. I caught a hermit crab and some white jellies. (Note the cutting-edge terminology, since they aren't fish and all, like pandas and koalas. And apparently orangutans, though I think that was just to make it more properly Malaysian.) When I was little I used to dig little pits in the sand nearby the water, and they would fill up with water and I'd put all the creatures I found in them and try to build walls to keep them in, but the hermit crabs would always manage to crawl over them. Lobsterville is the best beach for sandcastles and small children. It doesn't get deep till forever, it has all kinds of nifty critters to find, it has really soft sand in a variety of colors, there are shells to find and decorate with, it's great. I've found that people who didn't grow up on it tend to find it narsty though. Oh well. I'll make my children love it, and love it they will.

I think Tim Hardin is great.


30 days till I go to college!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

maww i love you

i wish i was at the beach :(

Q.U.A.N said...

I LOVE TIM HARDIN :D and you :P

Q.U.A.N said...

mmaw thanks :D mabes i can help you make one :D if u want