Saturday, August 23, 2008

SOME BRAUTIGAN IN THE EVENING?!

HORSE CHILD BREAKFAST

Horse child breakfast
what are you doing to me?
with your long blonde legs?
with your long blonde face?
with your long blonde hair?
with your perfect blonde ass?

I swear I’ll never be the
same again!

Horse child breakfast,
what you’re doing to me,
I want done forever.


THE SHENEVERTAKESHERWATCHOFF POEM


For Marcia

Because you always have a clock
strapped to your body, it’s natural
that I should think of you as the
correct time:
with your long blonde hair at 8:03,
and your pulse-lightning breasts at
11:17, and your rose-meow smile at 5:30,
I know I’m right.

WIDOW’S LAMENT

It’s not quite cold enough
to go borrow some firewood
from the neighbors.

MAP SHOWER

For Marcia

I want your hair
to cover me with maps
of new places,

so everywhere I go
will be as beautiful
as your hair.


YOUR NECKLACE IS LEAKING


For Marcia

Your necklace is leaking
and blue light drips
from your beads to cover
your beautiful breasts
with a clear African dawn.




I think Richard Brautigan is genius.

No comments: