Saturday, August 23, 2008

Descent into lunacy

I haven't slept in two days, and I think I'm steadily losing my mind. Well I've kind of slept, from like 1 am-4 am, then like 6 am - 9 am, but its shallow sleeps with tempestuous dreams.

I've been reading my Skinny Legs and All book in most of my waking daylight hours. It's the same one I was reading back in New Hampshire. And sure, maybe that was two+ months ago, but I've been really busy doing nothing for those months. Now I have some down time to get back into reading. Not too late to finish what I started back then. It's a good book. I think Tom Robbins is darn clever. I think I've mentioned that before.
What did she forget? Lily white, basic black, snow white, black beauty, white christmas, black friday, white supremacy, black power, the color purple, people-eater purple, the color of money, long green, lawn green, lorne green, Lohengrin, the color of your parachute, the color of my true love's hair, puce, mars puce, mars chartreuse, mars bars, little-boy blue, blue bayou, blues in the night, paint-the-town red, do-it-up brown, james brown, dorian gray, red skeleton, red october, tom clancy red, better-dead-than red, better-ill-than teal, greenberg, goldberg, long-john silver, mellow yellow, electrical banana, yellow peril, yellow fever, mayonnaise yellow, mustard, relish, and onions.
Ellen Cherry's head was spinning. She felt dizzy and faint. She should have known better than to mix rum and art supplies.

I went to read it in the Gazebo of my Youth the other day, but when I first got there I found a group of teenagers lazing about in it already and I wasn't about to be the lonely book-reading dork inhabiting the gazebo with them so I waited on a bench until they left. I ate my lunch every day in that gazebo from ages 6 to 13, but I didn't have any lunch with me that time. Just the book and my ipod and the rest of the contents of my zebra bag.

Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight. Maybe I'll start painting again when I have a September full of spare time. Or at least maybe I'll start up a sketchbook.

A, Y, K, and I webcam chatted for three hours last night. Excessive? What I need to cling to my last threads of sanity? Both??

No comments: