Sunday, April 24, 2011

What a wonderful weekend

it has been. On Friday I led a field trip by myself and planted kale with the high schoolers. Great fun. Then I got all inspired about gardening and came home and transplanted some broccoli and rosemary. Hopefully we will get this house that we're applying to today and then I will be able to really garden outdoors. The weather is great.

Then we took a nap and then made some sushi with Jeannette and then went to arts walk where OH MY GOODNESS, we met Nikki McClure. Benji and I both cried a little when we met her because we were so starstruck. We told her she was our favorite artist and she said she recognized me from around town. There were also the cutest littlest babies there.

And we saw the luminary procession which was very nice and saw some more art and hung out by the water. And went home.

Then yesterday was real procession. We went to Asia's house beforehand for an easter egg hunt and got to play on her swing set and in her beautiful yard. We saw a seal and a crane in the water when we walked downtown. Olympia has been being very sweet lately. I'm really liking it. Lovely town. I really could not stand shoes so I was walking around barefoot downtown and it was funny because it was like I was just another one of those barefoot hippies. I was also wearing my tree dress and got tons of compliments on it which was weird because it was like what, you can see me?

After procession we had our seder which went super great, I think everyone had a fantastic time at it. Yes for traditions.

No comments: