Monday, April 18, 2011

Being springtime

Springtime and our search for a house continues.

I had to get rid of the lesbian wedding shoes because they were crashing my computer for some reason. Oh well.

I had a very Olympia day yesterday. We went to the farmer's market and waited an hour for Jeannette to show up and ran into some people we knew because that is how it goes around here. This small town is getting very, very small. I can't believe I will be here another year (or two?) collecting even more people to bump into. Well, I suppose a lot will graduate. But some will not.

There were lots of babies at the farmer's market but not too many vegetables. We found a protest against tax breaks and unfair budget and spent a few minutes protesting and then wandered off in search of a flea market but found a green building expo instead. We got our wristbands and toured the waste treatment plant building, which was a beautiful building with lots of great recycled flooring and counters. I'd toured the actual sewage processing part Freshman year before the new fancy green building was built so I knew what was up behind the scenes. I got some really great refrigerator magnets from it so now I can write fridge poetry about waste management. Who knew it could be so fun!

At one point Jeannette and Benji were looking at an office with some nice recycled countertop in it and Benji said, "I want to live in this room. I want to do art on this table" but Jeannette thought he said "I want to do Anna on this table." LOL

Then we went to the co-op and ran into some more people and got some carob covered almonds and came home and made dinner and drank wine and Bailey and Michelle and Jesse and Jeannette were all there and there was delicious food.

Procession of the Species is coming up this weekend along with Arts Walk. Great things. I want to wear my tree dress all weekend long.

I think spring is here.

No comments: