Friday, October 15, 2010

The busiest bees

Busy busy busy busy busy. I think this is the busiest I've ever been. Class, work, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, research project, it looks like less when I write it down but I swear it takes up all of my time.

Well not all of my time. Because somehow amid all of that I am hanging out with people almost every single day, lots of people coming and going and lots of things happening. It's funny, it's like the exact opposite of "you'll live with your boyfriend and then never see anyone anymore!" Bej and I hardly have any time just us, and when it is just us we are sleeping or doing our homework or making dinner or buying the groceries or something. We might even have to start scheduling time to hang out just the two of us, because it seems like if it isn't scheduled it may never happen. I mean, I'm not saying I don't want friends over all the time, because I totally do. Maybe just like also a little Bej and me time thrown in there. I think it's funny how not holed up together just the two of us we are. Wah wah wah, I have too many friends and we have too much fun all the time, wah wah wah.

Luckily I'm really into being productive. And I get a lot done. And I'm into my class again and I want to do really really well on everything. I had a big thank goodness I go to this college and not any other one moment the other day in lecture. I'd been freaking out about what to do with my life because I was like AHHH I like science the best but what it is to be a scientist these days seems so wrong, and THEN my teacher gave a lecture about how screwed up it is and it was reassuring. I mean, not that reassuring because there are a lot of problems, but maybe I could talk to him about them and get an idea of what I actually want to do. Oh god, what am I going to do with my life.

I think the issue is that normally my weekends are my time to breathe, but this weekend I have staff training all day Saturday and Sunday and so I won't be able to breathe until next Friday, and then the Monday after that I have to go on another field trip, and I won't really be able to breathe then. I don't like going away from home. I need some breathing time.

I'm a little overwhelmed. But when I'm overwhelmed being productive makes me feel better. Maybe I will get a bunch of homework done right now and feel better.

No comments: