Monday, August 31, 2009

My future, by A. My past, by me.

"I just pictured really really ugly children that are really dirty from farming who think they are cool but aren't and I'm talking like mangled ugly children and I hope that isn't your future" - A

In other news, it smells like the end of summer in the town I grew up in. I could be any age from four to now smelling this smell. I could be buying the new markers on my school supply list or wondering what high school will be like or walking to the farm down the road for barley sugar turkey shaped lollipops with my babysitter or making a collage of binder cover art smelling this smell. After being in an unfamiliar place all year it surprises me when things like smells can be so familiar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was just thinking today as i was walking around how much it smells like going back to school here. i love that smell. it made me want to go back to school but i was also so glad that going back to school meant a place that i really like.

Anonymous said...

and to be clear, i don't think that will be your future, it would just be an unfortunate turn of events.